Sunday, April 01, 2018

The best laid plans 


Happy Easter Everyone,
I hope you are having a lovely bank holiday weekend! As it is the first of the month, I thought I would reminise about my makes of March and my plans for April. So first up ... was the Belledone dresses that I made for the day and night dress challenge. You can read about them here What you don't know is that I won a prize! $50 dollars to spend on patterns. so my pattern stash has expanded!

Then, yep you guessed it another Southbank dress. I timed myself for this one , 45 minutes from start to finish. The fabric is a really thick cosy sweatshirt material that I bought from dragon-fly fabrics. I love the colour and I love how warm it is. Unfortunately I think the fabric is a little thick for a dress as it is not very flattering, I am going to overlook that, especially as the weather has been so cold!

Then I managed the Agnes top, as you would expect from Tilly and the Buttons it is an excellent straight forward pattern, I really don't know why I haven't made it before now as I have had the pattern literally years!!! My DH says that he really likes the stripes, I am not sure that is that flattering worn by itself ( that mad rippling is not just happening in the pictures), it looks fine though when worn with either of my Cleo Pinafores. I love the shape of this top and have stashed a bit of fabric to make a couple of others really soon!
Then probably my favourite make of the year! The Sew over it Ultimate Trousers. Now these were really just an experiment. Many years ago I did a city and Guilds in pattern cutting. The woman who ran it was fierce! Half way through my trouser block toile she looked me up and down and in a tone that Hyacinth Bucket would of been proud of inquired "Horse riding thighs?"

I am not quite sure why women have the need to pull other women down, the comment struck a nerve and for a long time after I only wore jeans or dresses. I never used the block and until now I have never made a pair of trouser either. These I would have to say are a very easy make and I really love the finished item. Alright, so maybe pale pink trousers aren't for the everyday, on warm sunny weekends though, I think they will be perfect!

I also managed to finish my Ninilchik-Swoncho which you can read about here
I have started Carbeth by Kate Davies, it is knitting up very quickly most of it being knit in the car on a recent trip to Belgium. I am hoping to have it completed by the end of tomorrow.

That unfortunately, was the extent of my March makes, with the exception of a pattern test which I can't show you yet. I started but haven't completed my Kalle blouse. I am hoping to get a good crack at that during the week.

So my sewing plans for April... Finish Kalle and make the Tilly and the buttons Marigold jumpsuit which is the #sewmystyle April offering. Not much I know however I am feeling I want a more flexible sewing month so I don't want to do much planning. however, I am drooling over a couple of the projects in Tilly's new book stretch and I also have signed up for a couple more instagram challenges #alittlelawnparty and #sewtogetherforsummer

As for knitting/Crochet... Finish Carbeth and I think try and finish at least on of the blankets that I have on the go before I go stash diving for my next project.

Till next time happy stitching


Arianwen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...