Sunday, January 14, 2018

Morris Blazer -Grainline Studio



Morning all, this post has been sat for about 2 weeks as the Sunny North is not that sunny and getting any type of pictures has proved to be a nightmare! Anyway I braved the elements and my nosey neighbours and got you some!


However I did manage to get lots done in the last week of my holiday, although it didn't go quite as planned  , I came down with the Lurgy. I did a bit on my Christmas Cast on, cut out my Sunny Dress( from stash) for my January entry to #sewmystyle  and made another Morris Blazer by Grainline Studios for  my #2018makenine so I would have to say I'm pleased with what I have accomplished!
So onto the Morris Blazer, the first one I made out of a lovely warm jersey that I bought on a whim from Fabworks a few months back. I cut it out and using the over-locker whipped it up in an evening.

It ticked a box on my #2017makenine ( you might have seen it in my round up). It is warm, snuggly and more like a cardigan than a Blazer and I am hoping it will be perfect when I get back to work and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it as I just love it.

This version, I went all out with ( no over locking here!) The fabric was bought a few months ago again at Fabworks. Such a brilliant shop! It is a double-sided wool and had this great stripe which I loved.
When I got the fabric out on Tuesday I was disappointed as I hadn't realised that the stripe was only on one selvage and I didn't have enough to use it as I was going to play Tetris with the pattern pieces. However the quality of fabric more than makes up for it!

I decided as the jacket was was without a lining it would be perfect to try out Hong Kong seams. What can I say? I just love this finishing technique - OK it takes a lot of time and a lot of bias binding ( I think I used about 10m) but it looks so stylish!

This jacket is more fitted than the Jersey version as I used larger seam allowances , this makes this version a more Spring or Autumn piece but I do think it  looks great with a little Ogden Cami underneath and Jeans ( maybe I need to add some of those to this years makes)

Anyway till next time.
Arianwen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...