Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Hannah Poncho


Hannah Poncho
What is it already mid August? The Summer is going so fast and I have to admit I have enjoyed every minute of it. It has been slow paced, a house full of teenagers runs to a different clock to other households. They stay up really late and then emerge blurry eyed at mid day looking for food. So although I have been reasonable productive, getting people organised to take photos has been a little bit challenging! Hence the delay in this post.
But it is worth it as I actually knit something, the first something this year , a poncho!
Mario and I had a day out to Uppermill a while back and we stopped at WoolyKnits to have a wander around. They had the Hannah poncho made up and I was instantly smitten, it is unusual for me, these days as I have so much yarn stashed, to buy a knitting project on a whim but Mario liked it too, helped me chose the colour. I don't usually wear/like blue unless it is in the form of Jeans but the sample was in blue and I was assured it looked good on. I loved it even more when he bought me it as a early birthday pressie. So I cast it on as soon as I got home. The pattern had a couple of mistakes when it is setting up the pattern, but was fairly instinctive and it made good TV knitting. The yarn is lovely and sheepy( I just love that smell)and it produces really nice cables that pop. It was knit on a 5mm needle with a 4mm at the collar.
I made it slightly longer than the pattern suggested as I was super keen on the cables matching up as I knew if they didn't I wouldn't like it. That basically meant ending the diamond pattern before starting the neck shaping.

Realistically I am a bit of a cold person and I was unsure that a poncho would really keep me warm enough as I have a tendency towards a coat at any opportunity. I needn't of worried, although might not be that practical in the middle of winter it is perfect for summer evenings and slightly windy days. It also seems to have enough lanolin in the yarn to sustain against a slight shower. I know, I have tried it out.

I haven't actually put anything else on the needles since I finished it but I am thinking I could do with sticking to the 5mm for a while as there is something very satisfying about how fast it grows.

Anyway till next time A x



1 comment:

  1. I love those cables. You are right - that yarn is ideal for them as they really do pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...