Sunday, July 03, 2016

It is all about the flowers!

This post is all about the florals! 
Last weekend,we were lucky enough to be invited to celebrate the wedding of two of our good friends Allyson and Paul. Early on Allyson had said she would love it if her guests dressed with a vintage flavour. O and E both thought this was a great idea and started poring over all my patterns and books. O was quite straight forward in her choice. She liked this, from the sewing bee book.
She liked the spotted version but then saw the flowers and decided on that. I had to get the pattern copied, which I did at staples ,they were very good but had to copy it onto quite stiff un welding paper as they didn't really have anything suitable. I traced the smallest size for her and then took it in!
I pretty much followed the instructions to the letter and she was very happy with the result.
Notice how even in heels she is now shorter than her brother.

E chose a version from gertie's ulitmate sewing book, she had seen a version on gertie's blog but when it came down to it she had a lot of changes in mind. 

She wanted straps not a halter she wanted a double circle skirt but short! I was a little worried about the size as I had heard mixed reviews online about the sizing. Luckily it wasn't a problem. I then followed most of the instructions from the sewing bee version as I just felt the expense of the habadashery wouldn't be worth it in this instance ( she might not wear it again). 
The skirt nearly drove me crazy ,I nearly gave up  and the hem seemed never ending but she was really happy with the result . So I guess it was a win. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...