Monday, June 20, 2016

A whole lot of sewing going on





Hellooo , as you have probably guessed mmay16 did not go as planned. Yes I did manage to wear something handmade everyday, but it was pretty much the same thing every week. Which was dull! Anyway I have chalked it up to experience and decided I need to do a whole lot of sewing.
 My first thing was a Sorbetto top by collette. A free down load that has been really popular all over the internet. I was looking for a free tank top pattern and then stumbled back onto this.The fabric has been in stash for years. I am not sure where I bought it but I think originally it was bought to be part of a quilt. It was just one of my those things that you just know is going to be a good thing before you even start.
I drafted a collar, and although it isn't quite right, as I was a bit impatient and didn't trim it down enough. Anyway it is ok and  I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
I lengthened the pattern slightly, I didn't have enough fabric for it to be any longer but another couple of inches would of made a big difference! I can see lots more variations of this on the horizon  as there are so many inspirational versions on Pinterest and Instagram which I would love to own and you can get a basic one out of less than a meter if fabric which is great for stash busting.
Till next time when it is all about the floral!
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...