Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons...


Well I wasn't exactly handed them, I went looking. Four lemons for a pound a bargain I bought eight. On Thursday I am off to spend four glorious days in London with my very good friend Jondy. I wanted to take him a little something. It didn't take long to decide what. He loves homemade lemon curd, in fact I only make it when he comes to mind.

Zest and juice of 4 medium lemons
4 eggs
100g Butter
350g Sugar


Put the ingredients in a bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir till the mixture thickens.
Put in jars and cover.

I doubled the receipe. A jar for home and a jar for Jondy. we have already made quite a dent in ours.
You can strain it before you pot but, I love the way little bits of rind catch your teeth as the curd melts in your mouth. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...