Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stash Busting Across the Universe!


Well actually across the spare room. I decided it would be a good idea to use up some of the odd balls before going off to Harrogate. I thought it would take me a few projects but I could be at this for a while as I think those odd balls have been breeding. There were a few balls left from Inigo and Oriana's hat and gloves and I had promised them a scarf so I cast them on using Adrian Bizila's hiking scarf pattern.
I have to say I found them fairly mundane to knit and I am glad I knit them at the same time.They would have probably ended up stuffed in a corner but Inigo kept rushing up to measure them every morning. At the same time as this Woolly Wormhead lauched a mystery Beret which used up yet another ball. It is really pretty a lovely horseshoe pattern.The yarn isn't as wonderful as some of the yarns she suggested but it is warm and cosy and I am pleased with the results though the red was a devil to photograph.

I have about 300g left of this yarn and intend to make a scarf to match.
It is my neice Esha's birthday next week she is going to be 9. !
200g of Cashcotton left over from my juliet was just enough for a pair of gloves, scarf and a wonderful Rose Red by Ysolda Teague.

I love her hat patterns and I cast on another for me on the train to Harrogate yesterday. It is the balls of kidsilk Aura that I originally bought for the melon I made for my Rowan Exchange. It is really fluffy so I hope the pattern won't get too lost with all the fluff.
Harrogate was a fun day out but, I found disapointing. No one had any Debbie Bliss cashmerino Baby. Or the Debbie Bliss or Kim Hargreaves books that I had been hoping for Indeed no one had much of anything unless you were into card making. I have a Noni Bag in mind and had two balls of lopi in keeping with my stash busting. I managed to get handles from a quilting shop and two balls of a felting yarn from knitting4fun. I also managed to get some perfect fabric for Inigo's Quilt it is a shame there are only 24 hours in the day.

3 comments:

  1. lots of lovely knitting! Is the scarf pattern reversible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is amazing how those odd balls seem to grow in number. :0) I love all your little projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been amazingly busy. I love the scarf and gloves for your niece. She is sure to love them too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...