Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stuff



I have finally got all of the original applique onto Oriana's quilt the photos are a bit fuzzy but it is looking quite good and I am looking forward to deciding what happens next with it. I think it is going to be quite organic as a ton of pins doesn't really appeal to me.
Last Monday, Elenya broke her finger at school, the school didn't inform us and when it turned green later in the evening I took her to casualty. I phoned to complain the next morning. Two days later they phoned to say that some horrible boy had decided to squeeze it.She walloped him around the face and although I don't condone violence I think this would probably have more effect than the exclusion handed out by the school.So I then took her out of school for the rest of the week for her own safety.This week being half term so another week to rest it before anyone else grabs hold of it.
I realised last Thursday that gorgeous Kid Silk Aura is not the same as KidSilk Haze, it really is obvious if you look at it but I had picked the perfect colour for my Rowan Exchange gift and hadn't checked tension or yardage but just started knitting. I had been knitting for about a week. Stupid I know, I have never done it before and I will never do it again!! As after I ummed and ahhed about whether to buy more Aura or change to kidsilk haze I then had to frog it. A truly horrible experience. I am now way behind on my gift and having a bit of a panic.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, that looks gorgeous. Is that the kidsilk haze & what shade is it? I have the kidsilk aura book if you want any ideas of what to use the ksa for ~ the only problem is that most of the patterns require an awful lot of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely!

    I hope Elenya's finger is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks wonderful. Poor you, having to frog the KSA! :-( Hope Elenya's finger will be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt!!!!! Did you find some kid silk haze? It is better to frog than hate the thing all its miserable life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...