Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cherie Amour and other stories.


What can I say, I just love this sweater!! I think it is probably the nicest thing I have made all year. I finished it a couple of weeks ago and I have lived in it since.

It is warm enough to wear with a vest top, soft enough not to itch and to top it off it is really sexy! a great combination. I would make it again as it was quite straight forward the only thing I would do differently is lengthen the waist.It is a little short without a good yank! If you are planning on making this measure under your bust to your jeans belt.

Another clue for the secret stole is completed. I have given up on trying to make head or tail of the hints, as they all now relate back to the older answers.
I am sure it will all become apparent in the next week or so anyway. The knitting of bubbles is at an end or very nearly which I am glad about as I had to really push myself to get through yet another week of them.






The tilted duster is plodding on quite nicely. I have finished the fronts, back and done the ribs for the sleeves. I had to take it down a needle size as on a 6mm it was the consistancy of a string vest - very unattractive. The yarn is very similar weight to the cascade 220 if anyone wants a snippet to compare against their stash just drop me a line and I will send you a bit.

MysticWater I signed up for this weeks ago but had decided I probably had enough to do and I would perhaps buy the yarn for it when I went to Harrogate. Hah!! After seeing other peoples beautiful work I just had to get busy. The yarn is zephyr again in ice blue. I had wanted the agean but I really like this and as I have some lovely cotton that tones with it I think I will be keeping this one for me.
This is the first chart of clue one, and as clue 3 came out today I have quite a bit of catching up to do.

7 comments:

  1. ALL of your knitting is gorgeous!!!! What isn't to love about that sweater? Beautiful. Both your stoles are gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is gorgeous Arianwen, such a beautiful colour, it looks so pretty there amongst the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:45 pm

    After seeing your Cherie A, I'm going to knit one! Your knitting is beautiful. I absolutely love the colour you chose for your tilted duster. I've bookmarked your blog and will visit again :-) The Mystic Waters was impossible to resist wasn't it - I'm doing two ha ha. Are you on Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 pm

    Scratch that last bit - I found you and added you to 'my friends' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:58 pm

    Ooh lovely Arianwen - beautiful autumn colours :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you pick such gorgeous sweaters to knit???? Yours is sooo much nicer than the pattern. I would make yours but had already rejected the knitty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Cherie Amour sweater is absolutely stunning and the Mystic Waters is off to a good start. I had signed up for the Secret of Chrysopolis and then decided not to bother until I saw some of the WIPs. I knew I shouldn't have looked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...