Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A wonderful Weekend!

Well the computer is up and running again hurray! Unfortunately the hard disk has had to be replaced and everything that was on the last one couldn't be recovered. I am trying hard not to think about all of the photos that have been lost or my years accounts. I have learnt my lesson and will always back up in the future.
I have just spent a wonderful weekend in Holmfirth on the Rowan Parent and Child weekend. I took four girls with me. my two girls Elenya 11 and Oriana nearly 6( I told my son Inigo that he would be the only boy and he decided against coming), my neice Esha 7 and my eldest Elenya's best friend Shannon. The oldest two learnt to knit with beads and crochet. The 7 year old persevered with her skills and made a bag. My youngest learnt to knit purl cast on cast off and make pom poms she is now the proud owner of a little purse and a pompom scarf. I made a little bag and I learnt something as well, thanks to the blue adt, how to knit toe up socks and how to knit two socks together. a technique I intend to put to use in the very near future.

3 comments:

  1. My girls would be so jealous - it sounds fab ! I taught the older 2 (12 and 8) how to knit quite recently and they've got the bug. So much so that they want to come to Woolfest with me in June !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the problem that Woolfest is too far to go so we will be envious of you doing that. Make sure you update us lots on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the weekend went so well. Fab for the kids to have the chance to take part in something like that. Any chance of seeing their creations?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! If you have time, please leave a comment( I hadn't realised that you couldn't quite some time) . I love to know you are out there and what you think of my little offerings. If you have a blog leave me a link to that too and I will come and visit you :)

A x

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...